WDSS-II LinksHere are some links to WDSS-II from out on the web that we know about. If you have more links to suggest, please email. Needless to say (though I'll say it), a link here does not imply endorsement.
- Informative page on the NSSL website about WDSS-II -- also provides some background about WDSS and research efforts at NSSL involving WDSS-II.
- Scott Rudlosky at Florida State has some awesome presentations on using WDSS-II to study total lightning data alongside radar data. His page also has instructions on processing lightning data in WDSS-II.
- WDSS-II's Google Earth products were mentioned in an article in Nature, the science weekly. The last four paragraphs of the article quote Dr. Lakshmanan on why such work is important to the scientific enterprise.
- The Severe Hail Verification Experiment (2006) used WDSS-II extensively. The page explains how.
- The Washington Science Teachers Association named our Google Earth feed a "Earth Science Site of the Week" (14 Oct 2006).
- The ESRI newsletter, "Wave Winter" listed our Google Earth feed a "useful link" in Winter 2006.